i am a consumer.
i play games and listen to music and read books and consume a lot of stuff!
here is a collection of some of my favorites. just so i can keep track of them for myself.
quick jump: people · interact · read · listen
i have friends on the internet. they're cool.
- q1, really cool game dev and their website is amazing and their music is great and just !! underrated, honestly.
- ampersandia, a system of really amazing people who make cool stuff like laiqbun and treize!
- equa !! big cool.
- sonja, amazing friend and also super !! epic!!
- asnev, another Cool Person with a Cool Website™
- waso lojeki, another great person with a Really Cool Website and an amazing url too
- citrons, lemons with really cool websites(multiple) and johnvertisment
- viba/whiletrue, cool person who does computer stuff and has lots of conlangs
- exa/lilith/iris/autumn/etc, really big brain and Cool Stuff. many name. 10/10
- taforage, really really epic, though their website is a work in progress :>
yeaaaa games make up about a lot of my existence. they're so good! they're like the ideal way to spend time or bond with people or have interaction. 10/10 would recommend.
- spiritfarer by thunder lotus games. this was my favorite game that i played in 2021. really deserving! i love all the characters and it's such a sweet story too.
- minecraft by mojang, my comfort game, the game that's allowed me to get into so many things - like, 80% of everyone i know plays minecraft and it's just the Best for bonding online. looking at ma pona :)
- hollow knight by team cherry, with its amazing art and music and lore and the LORE is so good! all the characters are so cute and it's so , like there are so many things to know. it's So Good.
- butterfly soup by brianna lei!!!! a group of lgbt+ teens (,, okay 3/4) navigate school and it's honestly one of the best visual novels i've ever played, and it's super funny and just, please play it, it's so fun.
- a new life by angela he, another visual novel but this is GOD TIER. every single scene is wallpaper-worthy. the art and music are AMAZING and it's just so soft!
- celeste by maddy makes games. what more to be said? perfect game.
- gris by nomada studio. really pretty, really great soundtracks, adorable characters, lovely experience.
- whales and broken hearts by q1. it's a twine game, but it's got to be my favorite! super cute. for real.
- lonely people potion shop by kultisti. i played through this entire game without stopping and it is truly underrated. what a great experience for real!
interact: cool online stuff
i've come across some very cool and fun online things. hope you enjoy too.
- this website will self destruct, a really cute little website.
- wobble town, a cute pet? sim? i don't know. it's really cute. if you like anything on the web at all you should check it out.
- pilgrim, a navigator. i wish i found this earlier, it would've been super useful for looking through rings and stuff!
these are just some of the books that sit on the 'favorites' section of my bookshelf, and i love them to bits.
- autoboyography by christina lauren. a gay kid grrowing up in a highly religious neighbourhood with loving parents and then he falls in love with the son of the bishop. it's that kind of book you devour within a day and leave reeling for weeks.
- word by word by kory stamper. kory stamper is a lexicographer and this book is about how they make dictionaries but it's soooo fun to read? i learnt so much and like. lexicography sounds PAINFUL and FUN.
- the hunger games by suzanne collins. if you haven't read this what are you doing? the hunger games is like, my top book of all times. i've read it at least 20 times and counting.
read: short stories
short stories can be really, really impactful. there are some really good ones i've come across.
listen: pop(?) music
the world of music is wild. i listen mostly to indie pop/alternative, generic pop, kpop, ??? a lot of songs!! and here are the tops of my listening charts. these are also my top artists. in no particular order:
- astronomy by conan gray, it's so Emotion and hit me completely out of the blue
- strawberries and cigarettes by troye sivan, the song for the gay movie 'love, simon', which is also one of my favorite books, and troye sivan is just !!!
- butterfly by loona, a kpop song about believing in yourself and it's amazing
- clover by fromis_9, another kpop song about happiness and growing up and dreams and the unknown future and letting go of the past and it's just so mmMMM
- through and through by khai dreams, atwood remix is one of those songs where if it comes up in shuffle i'll rewind it and play it twice. indie lofi-hiphop ? song about hanging on and being brave, i think.
- demons on the side of my bed by teflon sega. indie pop/alternative and it's really chill and the chorus is just! so good! i loved it on first listen. about demons and love, i guess :)
- ricky montgomery. the entire album is so good! for real!
- first love / late spring by mitski. indie alternative or something. so soft. i listen to this when i'm yearning.
listen: instrumental music
there are some instrumental/lofi artists that i absolutely adore, too.
i frequently like to listen to podcasts on my walks or when i'm drawing. here are some of my favorites!
- join the party, a dnd podcast by multitude productions. still catching up on it, but it's so good! it's so fun! its editing is absolutely phenomenal too.
- lingthusiasm, a podcast about linguistics. really informative.
- and basically anything by multitude productions, a podcast collective. they are so good at what they do!